- A Certificate of Assumed Name may be amended by filing a Certificate of Amendment of Certificate of Assumed Name pursuant to Section 130 General Business Law.
- The Certificate of Assumed Name may be amended to reflect a change in the true name of the entity, amend the assumed name, change the principal place of business, add or delete counties in which business is conducted under the assumed name, and add or delete the address(es) of specific business location(s).
How to File
- Complete and file the Certificate of Amendment of Certificate of Assumed Name with the Department of State.
- The completed Certificate of Amendment of Certificate of Assumed Name, together with the appropriate filing fee (please see instructions), should be forwarded to:
- New York Department of State, Division of Corporations, One Commerce Plaza, 99 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12231. All checks greater than $500 must be certified.
$25 filing fee for Certificate of Amendment of Certificate of Assumed Name.
- In addition to the $25 New York Department of State filing fee, an additional county filing fee is collected based on the county or counties in which the corporation does business or intends to do business.
- The county filing fee is $25 for each county, except for the counties of New York, Kings, Queens, Bronx, and Richmond for which the additional fee is $100 for each county.
All fees must be paid by cash, check, money order, MasterCard, Visa or American Express.
- To pay for a fee using your credit card or debit card, complete and sign the Credit Card/Debit Card Authorization Form and submit it to the Division of Corporations with your request for service.
- Checks and money orders should be made payable to the “Department of State.” Please do not send cash through the mail. All checks over $500 must be certified.
- Expedited Handling Services: (optional) The NYS Department of State's Division of Corporations offers expedited processing of time-sensitive documents. For an additional fee, the Department of State will process a document within the following time frames for the additional fee indicated; $25.00 per document for processing within 24 hours, $75.00 per document for processing within the same day, or $150.00 per document for processing within 2 hours.
- The additional, non-refundable fee for expedited processing service must be paid by a separate check or money order or indicated in the appropriate space on the Credit Card/Debit Card Authorization Form.
- The Division of Corporations accepts MasterCard, Visa and American Express for the payment of fees. To pay for a fee using your credit card or debit card, simply complete and sign the Credit Card/Debit Card Authorization Form and submit it to the Division of Corporations with your request for service.
- The Credit Card/Debit Card Authorization Form submitted with any request for services must specifically indicate the level of expedited service requested.
The envelope bearing documents for filing and other requests for expedited processing services must be marked with the notation "Expedited Processing" on the envelope.
The name of the corporation provided on this certificate must exactly match the records of the Department of State. This information should be verified on the Department of State’s website.