A foreign business corporation may amend its application for authority from time to time by filing a Certificate of Amendment pursuant to Section 1309 of the Business Corporation Law. The Application for Authority may only be amended to amend or add such provisions that may be lawfully contained in the Application for Authority (i.e., name change, revisions to purposes, etc.).
How to File
- Complete and file a Certificate of Amendment with the Department of State.
- The completed Certificate of Amendment, together with the filing fee of $60, should be forwarded to:
- New York Department of State, Division of Corporations, One Commerce Plaza, 99 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12231
$60 filing fee for Certificate of Amendment for Foreign Business Corporation.
All fees must be paid by cash, check, money order, MasterCard, Visa or American Express.
- To pay for a fee using your credit card or debit card, complete and sign the Credit Card/Debit Card Authorization Form and submit it to the Division of Corporations with your request for service.
- Checks and money orders should be made payable to the “Department of State.” Please do not send cash through the mail. All checks over $500 must be certified.
- Expedited Handling Services: (optional) The NYS Department of State's Division of Corporations offers expedited processing of time-sensitive documents. For an additional fee, the Department of State will process a document within the following time frames for the additional fee indicated; $25.00 per document for processing within 24 hours, $75.00 per document for processing within the same day, or $150.00 per document for processing within 2 hours.
- The additional, non-refundable fee for expedited processing service must be paid by a separate check or money order or indicated in the appropriate space on the Credit Card/Debit Card Authorization Form.
- The Division of Corporations accepts MasterCard, Visa and American Express for the payment of fees. To pay for a fee using your credit card or debit card, simply complete and sign the Credit Card/Debit Card Authorization Form and submit it to the Division of Corporations with your request for service.
- The Credit Card/Debit Card Authorization Form submitted with any request for services must specifically indicate the level of expedited service requested.
- The name of the corporation and the date it was authorized to conduct business in New York State provided on this certificate must exactly match the records of the Department of State. This information should be verified on the Department of State’s website.
- The certificate must be signed by an officer, director or duly authorized person.
Contact Division of Corporations, State Records and Uniform Commercial Code
Contact the Division of Corporations, State Records, and Uniform Commercial Code