A domestic corporation may change its Certificate of Incorporation from time to time to:
- change the name and address of its designated address for the New York Secretary of State to mail service of process,
- change its county location,
- make, revoke or change the designation of a registered agent by filing a Certificate of Change pursuant to Section 805-A of the Business Corporation Law.
How to File
- Complete and file the Certificate of Change with the Department of State.
- The completed Certificate of Change, together with the statutory fee of $30, should be forwarded to:
- New York Department of State, Division of Corporations, One Commerce Plaza, 99 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12231.
$30 filing fee for Certificate of Change.
Preferred payment methods include: money order, MasterCard, Visa or American Express.
- To pay for a fee using your credit card or debit card, complete and sign the Credit Card/Debit Card Authorization Form and submit it to the Division of Corporations with your request for service.
- Money orders should be made payable to the “Department of State.”
- Expedited Handling Services: (optional) The NYS Department of State's Division of Corporations offers expedited processing of time-sensitive documents. For an additional fee, the Department of State will process a document within the following time frames for the additional fee indicated; $25.00 per document for processing within 24 hours, $75.00 per document for processing within the same day, or $150.00 per document for processing within 2 hours.
- Preferred payment methods include: money order, Mastercard, Visa or American Express.
The name of the corporation and its date of incorporation provided on this certificate must exactly match the records of the Department of State. This information should be verified on the Department of State’s website.
Contact Division of Corporations, State Records and Uniform Commercial Code
Contact the Division of Corporations, State Records, and Uniform Commercial Code