A domestic limited liability company may change its Articles of Organization from time to time to (1) change the name and address of its designated address for the New York Secretary of State to mail service of process, (2) change its county location or (3) make, revoke or change the designation of a registered agent by filing a Certificate of Change pursuant to Section 211-A of the New York State Limited Liability Company Law.
- Complete and file the Certificate of Change with the Department of State.
- The completed Certificate of Change, together with the $30 filing fee, should be forwarded to:
- New York Department of State, Division of Corporations, One Commerce Plaza, 99 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12231.
- Expedited Handling Services: (optional) The NYS Department of State's Division of Corporations offers expedited processing of time-sensitive documents. For an additional fee, the Department of State will process a document within the following time frames for the additional fee indicated; $25.00 per document for processing within 24 hours, $75.00 per document for processing within the same day, or $150.00 per document for processing within 2 hours.
- The additional, non-refundable fee for expedited processing service must be paid by a separate check or money order or indicated in the appropriate space on the Credit Card/Debit Card Authorization Form.
- The Division of Corporations accepts MasterCard, Visa and American Express for the payment of fees. To pay for a fee using your credit card or debit card, simply complete and sign the Credit Card/Debit Card Authorization Form and submit it to the Division of Corporations with your request for service.
- The Credit Card/Debit Card Authorization Form submitted with any request for services must specifically indicate the level of expedited service requested.
The envelope bearing documents for filing and other requests for expedited processing services must be marked with the notation "Expedited Processing" on the envelope.
The name of the limited liability company and the date of filing of the articles of organization must exactly match the records of the Department of State. This information should be verified on the Department of State’s website.
Contact Division of Corporations, State Records and Uniform Commercial Code
Contact the Division of Corporations, State Records, and Uniform Commercial Code