Communities considering improving efficiencies or making sustainable cost reductions in the area of education may be eligible for a Local Government Efficiency grant to assist with studying the feasibility of different options or to assist with implementation of a strategy.
The Department of State and other state agencies have prepared a number of resources to help communities with improving efficiencies in education.
- Guide to the Reorganization of School Districts in New York State
- Intergovernmental Cooperation
- Legal Framework for Providing Local Government Services
- Local Government Management Guide: Intermunicipal Cooperation
- North Colonie CSD Annexation Feasibility Study
- HFM BOCES Potential for the Creation of a CBO CoSer
- Feasibility Study for the Centralization of the Brocton and Fredonia Central School Districts
- Feasibility Study for the Purpose of Centralizing Scio/Wellsville Schools
View additional Local Government Efficiency studies and reports relating to education.