Copies of any documents (Certificates of Incorporation, Articles of Organization, Certificates of Amendment, etc.) filed with the Department of State’s Division of Corporations may be obtained by submitting a written request to the New York State Department of State. For statutory provisions: Executive Law §96
Copies of any documents filed with the Department of State’s Division of Corporations may be obtained by submitting a written request to the New York State Department of State, Division of Corporations, One Commerce Plaza, 99 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12231.
The written request should include the following information:
- The exact name of the corporation or other business entity.
- The DOS ID number or the exact date of formation or authorization.
- The document(s) requested. To determine the certificate(s)/document(s) that have been filed with the Division of Corporations by the corporation or business entity, please contact the Call Center at (518) 473-2492.
- A statement as to whether the request is for plain copies or certified copies.
- A statement as to whether the request is for routine processing or expedited processing.
- The mailing address where the copies are to be mailed.
Submitting Your Written Request
Mail or Hand Deliver:
The written request with the required fee may be mailed or hand delivered to:
New York State Department of State, Division of Corporations, State Records and Uniform Commercial Code
99 Washington Avenue, 6th Floor
Albany, NY 12231
The Division of Corporations will accept written requests for copies of documents by fax.
Fees for written requests by fax must be paid using your credit card/debit card.
To pay for a fee using your credit card or debit card, complete and sign the Credit Card/Debit Card Authorization Form and submit it to the Division of Corporations with your request for service.
Fax the Credit Card/Debit Card Authorization Form and your written request it the Division of Corporations to (518) 473-1654.
Please note, copies of documents cannot be ordered online, by email or over the telephone.
$5 fee for a plain copy of a document
$10 fee for a certified copy of a document
Preferred payment methods include: money order, MasterCard, Visa or American Express.
- To pay for a fee using your credit card or debit card, complete and sign the Credit Card/Debit Card Authorization Form and submit it to the Division of Corporations with your request for service.
- Money orders should be made payable to the “Department of State.”
- Expedited Handling Services: (optional) The NYS Department of State's Division of Corporations offers expedited processing of time-sensitive documents. For an additional fee, the Department of State will process a document within the following time frames for the additional fee indicated; $25.00 per document for processing within 24 hours, $75.00 per document for processing within the same day, or $150.00 per document for processing within 2 hours.
- Preferred payment methods include: money order, Mastercard, Visa or American Express.
Copies are returned by first-class mail. We do not provide copies by fax or email. You may request that your copies be returned to you by overnight delivery service by enclosing a prepaid shipping label with your request. The Department of State will not accept prepaid shipping labels with the Department of State listed as the sender. The prepaid shipping label must list yourself as the sender and the receiver.
The large volume of submissions and requests received each day by the Division makes it impracticable for Division staff to verify receipt of individual customer submissions. Please do not call the Division for verification of receipt after submitting a certificate or request. If you do not receive correspondence from our office after a reasonable period of time has elapsed, you may contact the Division at (518) 473-2492 for further instructions.
The Division of Corporations does not provide copies of filing receipts.