A Legislative change effective April 3, 2020 allows Home Inspector applicants to pass either the New York State Home Inspector License Examination or the National Home Inspector Examination to qualify for licensure.
New York State Home Inspector License Examination Information and Schedule
Visit the National Home Inspector Examination (EBPHI) website for information and resources to assist you in preparing for the exam. If you have questions about the exam, contact the National Home Inspector Examination (EBPHI) by phone at 847-298-7750 or by email at [email protected].
The National Home Inspector Examination test provider is PSI. Visit PSI’s website to register, schedule and pay for your National Home Inspector Examination.
PSI’s website is compatible with Google Chrome. Using a web browser other than Google Chrome may result in a site failure preventing you from completing your exam registration. If you have questions for PSI call (833) 333-4754 or email [email protected].
Follow the steps below to register with PSI and to schedule and pay for your examination:
- On the PSI Exams Online page, click “Sign In or Create An Account”.
- On the Login page click “Sign Up” to create an account.
- After creating an account, select “Register for a test” from the Welcome Page.
- On the Register for a Test page, choose “Government/State Licensing Agencies” from the Select Organization dropdown choices.
- Choose “A National Home Inspector (EBPHI)” under Select Jurisdiction. (This is the first choice listed above Alabama.)
- Under Select Account, choose “National Home Inspector (EBPHI)”.
- Double click on “National Home Inspector Examination” under Examination shown below in red.