Each local law shall be filed with the Secretary of State within 20 days after its final adoption or approval. A local law does not become effective until it is filed in the Office of the Secretary of State.
How to File
- File a Local Law Filing
- Please refer to the instructions for completion and filing
- Each local law shall be filed on the form provided by the Department of State.
- The filing form shall contain entries for the title and number of each local law. Numbering shall be consecutive, beginning with the number one for the first local law filed in each calendar year. The next number in sequence shall be applied to each local law when it is filed, regardless of its date of introduction or adoption. Such form shall also contain entries for other information as may be required by law.
- The completed Local Law Filing must be forwarded to:
- New York Department of State, Division of Corporations, State Records and Uniform Commercial Code, State Records Bureau, One Commerce Plaza, 99 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12231
Contact Division of Corporations, State Records and Uniform Commercial Code
Contact the Division of Corporations, State Records, and Uniform Commercial Code