The New York Department of State’s Division of Local Government Services is proud to announce the agenda and keynote speaker for the 4th Annual Local Government Innovation Conference (LGIC), to be held November 15-16, 2018.
The conference kicks off with a November 15 reception hosted by Secretary of State Rossana Rosado, where trendsetters in local governance will be recognized. Awards will be given in the following categories: Secretary of State’s Choice, Trailblazer, Best Partner and Regional Impact.
Official conference workshop tracks and sessions will take place November 16 at the Empire State Plaza. The day will feature:
- A keynote address by the Mayor of Columbia, South Carolina and president of the US Conference of Mayors Steve Benjamin
- A thought-provoking plenary on data driven government
- Three workshop tracks that will include a host of compelling afternoon sessions: Utilizing Local Government Efficiency Funding, Put Data to Use Strategically, and Practitioner Initiatives & Project Development will equip and energize officials to take advantage of best practices and move their municipalities to the next level. Sessions include:
- Regional Project Strategy Labs
- Countywide Code Enforcement
- The two-part session - What Works Cities
New York State Secretary of State Rossana Rosado said, “The Local Government Innovation Conference is a fantastic opportunity for local leaders across New York State to learn from each other, recognize excellence in public service, and develop best practices they can take back to their communities. We are also excited to host Mayor Benjamin – a Queens native - at this year’s conference, as he has a proven track record with innovation and revitalization in Columbia, South Carolina.”
Local government innovators will not want to miss this opportunity to connect with like-minded officials and take innovative strategies back home to their constituents. Join the Department of State as we explore bold new opportunities to rethink the way we deliver services and save taxpayer dollars.
Click here to register now. Find the full agenda, session descriptions and directions here.
The New York State’s Division of Local Government Services is NY’s premier source of training and technical assistance to local governments. The State of New York is committed to strengthening state and local partnerships and works fervently to foster collaborative solutions to local challenges through the Local Government Efficiency, Training, and Community Development and Sustainability program initiatives. Learn more about the Division’s work here.