Schedule of Events
Funding issued by the Northern Border Regional Commission (NBRC) and with project evaluation managed by New York Department of State (DOS).
Schedule of Events
|RFA Posted:||March 8, 2021|
|All Applications Due:||5:00 PM on May 14, 2021|
The NBRC and DOS have announced the availability of federal grant money for economic and community development projects for local governments and non-profits in the Northern Border Region of New York State. The NBRC is a four-state partnership program with the Federal Government, Vermont, New Hampshire, New York and Maine. In New York, projects from the following counties are eligible for consideration: Cayuga, Clinton, Essex, Franklin, Fulton, Genesee, Greene, Hamilton, Herkimer, Jefferson, Lewis, Livingston, Madison, Montgomery, Niagara, Oneida, Orleans, Oswego, Rensselaer, St. Lawrence, Saratoga, Schenectady, Seneca, Sullivan, Warren, Washington, Wayne, and Yates.
Applicants should clearly describe the economic and community development nature of the project and why it is eligible for consideration. Projects must also be consistent with regional and local plans, including the relevant Regional Economic Development Plan.
- Maximum award of $1,000,000 for infrastructure projects
- Maximum award of $350,000 for all other projects
Eligible Activities Purposes
- Transportation infrastructure
- Basic public infrastructure
- Telecommunications infrastructure
- Workforce, business development and entrepreneurship
- Basic health care and public services in economically distressed areas
- Resource conservation, tourism, recreation, and preservation of open space for economic development
- Development of renewable and alternative energy sources.
Note: The Department of State, as a State Infrastructure Agency under Article 6 of the Environmental Conservation Law (State Smart Growth Public Infrastructure Policy Act), is required to determine whether an application for grant funding for a public infrastructure project is consistent with the Smart Growth Criteria outlined in Article 6.
Applicants for NBRC funding can access application information at the following links:
PowerPoint Presentation (pdf)