An amendment to subdivision 6 of section 441-a of the real property law, in relation to Real Estate Brokers and Real Estate Salespersons is as follows:
The department shall prepare, issue and deliver, with the assistance of the department of motor vehicles, to each licensee a pocket card in such form and manner as the department shall prescribe, but which shall contain the photo, name and business address of the licensee, and, in the case of a real estate salesperson, the name and business address of the broker with whom he or she is associated and shall certify that the person whose name appears thereon is a licensed real estate broker or salesperson, as may be. Such cards must be shown on demand. In the case of loss, destruction or damage, the secretary of state may, upon submission of satisfactory proof, issue a duplicate pocket card upon payment of a fee of ten dollars.
In order to comply with this requirement, please complete and send the DMV Consent Form found at the link below to the Division of Licensing Services at P.O. Box 22001, Albany, NY 12201.
If you do not have a NYS driver license or non-driver ID card, you must visit a NYS DMV office to have your picture taken. Please download and review the Request for Photo ID form found at the link below for further instructions.
You must bring this form and acceptable proof of your name, date of birth and signature with you to DMV to have your picture taken.
Find DMV’s general requirements for proof of identity here: http://dmv.ny.gov/forms?query=id44
Below is some very important information regarding system upgrades related to the implementation of Photo Identification Cards:
The Division of Licensing will now begin issuing Photo ID Cards to real estate licensees. Licensees will be issued their Photo ID Cards in one of two ways:
- Upon approval of an original or renewal application, a licensee will be issued a Photo ID Card or,
- Upon approval of a change of association, change of business address, change of name, change of branch location or duplicate Photo ID Card transaction, a licensee will be issued a Photo ID Card
In order to successfully perform any of the above transactions, you will need your DMV ID Number on file with our office. This number is the nine digit number located on your driver's license or non-driver’s ID card. For those of you who have recently provided us with this number, you do not need to take any action. For those of you who have not yet provided us with this number, there are three ways in which you can provide our office with this information:
- You can log into your account. Select the Maintain User Profile link, click on edit button in the NYS DMV ID Number section and enter your DMV ID Number.
- If your license is within three months of expiration, you can log into your account and select the renew license link. Within the online renewal application, you can enter your DMV ID Number into the space provided.
- You can download the DMV Consent Form and mail the completed form to our office.
If you have any questions regarding the above, please feel free to email eAccessNY.
Tradiksyon kreyòl ayisyen (Haitian Creole)